Next Outing

Next Up:- Remember Cycling is weather dependent. Take Care


1. Cycle Sunday 9am for the fit and 1130 for those of us with more sense

2. Weather and light permitting there will be cycles at 7pm Tuesday and Thursday

3. Falling Leaves Tour 22nd September Athlone

Wednesday 22 May 2013

RAS Tuesday 21st


Well from what I hear Tuesday went well. All the lads are in good form and looking forward to today’s climbs. As one wise cyclist said the best part of climbing a hill is that you get to come down it on the other side. However after 4 category 3’s, 3 category 2’s and a category 1 today I wonder if he will feel the same way about hills and I almost forgot its only 153k. I hope someone bought a LARGE tub of sudocrem.
One thing I forgot to mention in a previous blog. Each and every one of these lads & ladies, have put in significant efforts to get fit for this. That’s long hours on bikes and trainers, they could only do this with the help and support of their partners and families. So on their behalf I would like to say THANKS.
While I’m in the mood for giving thanks. I would like to mention an incident I witnessed on the journey into Granard on Sunday. One of the cyclists having obviously put in great effort earlier in the day was running out of steam on a hill. Low and behold two other cyclists, one to either side put their hands to his back and gave him a helping hand. Unfortunately I couldn’t get a photo as I was driving but just to witness the help given without request or compliment shows the generosity of the majority of cyclists. They have big hearts, they are willing to help, they are willing to put in the effort and we should be offering them all the support we can.
Now on a lighter note can anyone identify the legs in the photo? I will give you one hint. They do not belong to a lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment