Next Outing

Next Up:- Remember Cycling is weather dependent. Take Care


1. Cycle Sunday 9am for the fit and 1130 for those of us with more sense

2. Weather and light permitting there will be cycles at 7pm Tuesday and Thursday

3. Falling Leaves Tour 22nd September Athlone

Monday 20 May 2013

RAS Cycle for Kilteevan Wheelers


Yes some of our “boys” are off cycling the RAS. What a way to go, when you consider the club only started in October 2010 and now we have five members cycling a professional course over eight days all for charity. That’s 1180k and a lot of pain. OK they might not be quite as fast as the pros but what the heck there is always next year. These “lads” are not all necessarily in the prime of their youth so let’s give them another year to go up a gear.
The day started off in good spirits if not a little apprehensively for some. After all it is a long way and there are some tough climbs ahead. But all the lads made it to the finish in good form. I did overhear someone say that one of the lads either was or had a pain in the a--. I think the Roscommon water supply has some answers to give. Just to compound matters I heard on the grapevine that some of the lads had one or two too many in the Hatch. I’m sure the first hour on the bike will cure any problems.
Needless to say this blog is based around the Kilteevan Wheelers. Still I would like to say THANK YOU to all the cyclists that have given up so much and raised so much for Breast Cancer Research. It is a credit to all those taking part whether it is for one day or all eight days. I should also say thanks to the organisers, support staff and sponsors without whom it would not be possible.
I hope I have a mole in the team and that he will keep some photos and information coming in. If so I will post any information I have as I get it. I will get some photos and hopefully video up in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment