Next Outing

Next Up:- Remember Cycling is weather dependent. Take Care


1. Cycle Sunday 9am for the fit and 1130 for those of us with more sense

2. Weather and light permitting there will be cycles at 7pm Tuesday and Thursday

3. Falling Leaves Tour 22nd September Athlone

Monday 13 August 2012

Glenamaddy Summer Cycle Fest



Well what can I say? It was a great cycle, very well organised, and well marshalled, plenty of water stops and most importantly food. We even had some sunshine, what more could you want on a Sunday. In saying that a soft seat, barbeque, beer or soft drink, did I mention the SOFT SEAT. Well let’s face it I can’t fault the ladies and I have no doubt it was mostly the ladies of Glenamaddy looking after the community centre. There were soft seats and lots of good food to be had when we returned. On behalf of all the cyclists I have to say a BIG thank you. I must also give a well done to our own cyclists who took on the challenge of not only completing the Glenamaddy cycle but also cycled the 30K + over and back. I have no doubt it will stand to us on Sunday week when we take on the Reek. I must also thank our own juniors and ladies who also completed the Glenamaddy cycle. If all that isn’t enough two of the lads came home with a trophy for second place. Don’t worry I’ll not mention names; some heads are already big enough. Suffice to say we probably recognise them better form behind. Well done lads. To Linda and the rest of the organising committee I’ll be looking forward to next year BIGGER but not necessarily better Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment